Vacancies and Training
This section is intended as a resource for members seeking or promoting employment, training and/or professional development in the field of toxicology.
If you would like to submit a vacancy, or any item that would be of interest to the Group, please e-mail the advertisement or web link to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief summary of the position and candidate specification.
Please consult the advertisements below for appropriate format. All posts are subject to the discretion of the LTG Executive committee.
Naif Arab University for Security Sciences (NAUSS)
Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor in Forensic Toxicology
Naif Arab University for Security Sciences (NAUSS) was established in 1978 as part of an Arab resolution to form the first Arab university specialized in post-graduate studies, research, and training in security sciences. Since then, the University has played a key role as the scientific body of the Arab Interior Ministers Council (AIMC). As a regional organization, the University holds observer member status in many regional and international organizations’ councils, such as UNODC and INTERPOL.
The vision of NAUSS is to be the premier institution in educating the next generation of Arab experts and leaders in security sciences. To achieve this vision, the University has recently announced its new strategy 2019-2023, where many initiatives have been launched. These initiatives include establishing many centers of excellence in areas such as Cybercrimes & Digital Investigation and Forensic Sciences. Located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, the University currently offers post-graduate programs in many areas such as Forensic Sciences, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Counterterrorism, Nuclear Security, and Financial Integrity.
- Position Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
- College: Criminal Justice
- Department: Forensic Science
- Work Location: NAUSS Headquarters in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Open Until Filled: Yes
- Undertake teaching tasks and related activities including preparing lectures, assignments, and reports, and grade exams and assignments.
- Handle students’ academic issues by providing academic advice.
- Undertake administrative duties as required.
- Lead/participate in research projects.
- Education, Experience & Skills:
- PhD Degree from an accredited institution in relevant academic discipline.
- Significant experience as a faculty member in a recognized university.
- Significant laboratory experience in research and testing of biological samples for the presence of alcohol, drug abuse, and toxins.
- Expertise in the forensic toxicology techniques such as GC-MS, LC-MS/MS and Quadrapole Time of Flight MS.
- Expertise in the interpretation of analytical and forensic data.
- A substantive record of research and scholarship including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to teaching the courses assigned.Ability to advice, instruct, manage, motivate, and evaluate students.
- Remuneration and Benefits: NAUSS offers a competitive package, commensurate with rank and experience, including accommodation, 45 days annual vacation, annual round-trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, and end of service benefits.
Kindly submit your application to: https://careers.nauss.edu.sa
Extraction Chemisthttps://rpsgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/733?c=rpsgroup https://rpsgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/552?c=rpsgroup
We’re looking for Extraction Chemists to support our expanding UK laboratories. These are permanent roles which will suit applicants with prior experience of working in a commercial laboratory, ideally dealing with environmental and food testing.
Salary range is £20k-£22k and you will be part of the Extraction Development scheme which includes regular performance reviews.
We are also looking for Graduate Extraction Chemists to support our expanding UK laboratories. These are permanent roles. In this position, you will start on a base salary of £17,000 but as part of the Extraction Development scheme you can see your salary rise in regular 6 monthly increments to £22k through regular performance reviews.
This is an important role, being responsible for the preparation and extraction of samples, covering a wide range of environmental contaminants in different sample types. Working under a Senior Analytical Chemist, the Extraction Chemist will manage their own workload and collaborate closely with colleagues in a small team to ensure that work is completed on time and to the required standards of quality.
It’s a great time to join RPS – we’re investing in our growth to meet the demands of the market and we need talented people to help us deliver our goals.
- Follows established quality procedures to perform various types of sample extraction and preparation.
- Maintains a working stock of consumables and chemicals, which are essential to perform daily activities and tasks.
- Responsible for conducting a range of laboratory checks, including calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- To work as part of a team to ensure that all other routine laboratory tasks are completed to ensure that the Laboratory operates smoothly.
- Assists in other areas and performs other tasks as directed by the Laboratory Manager or his/her delegate.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic laboratory skills and techniques, including use of pipettes, balances, syringes, titrations, dilutions etc.
- Good time management skills, attention to detail and ability to cope under pressure.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, seeking advice where necessary.
- Understanding of Quality Control/Quality Assurance processes and their importance within a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
Ideally you may have:
- A tertiary qualification in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory, especially working with environmental contaminants.
The job may involve the following possible hazards:
- Manual handling;
- Handling chemicals and solvents;
- Handling samples that are potentially biohazardous;
- Handling of foods, including nuts
All job offers are subject to a basic criminal history check and health check relevant to the role being applied for.
What we offer you
We’ll provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to challenge and develop your skills. You’ll be working in our brand new, purpose-built laboratory facility which uses state of the art analytical equipment.
We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers while you work on a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) with the option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year; access to our Company Pension Scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships, and RPS Affinity Scheme.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000+ people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future.
Our approach to Diversity and inclusion
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are.
Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work.
‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.