Vacancies and Training
This section is intended as a resource for members seeking or promoting employment, training and/or professional development in the field of toxicology.
If you would like to submit a vacancy, or any item that would be of interest to the Group, please e-mail the advertisement or web link to email@example.com along with a brief summary of the position and candidate specification.
Please consult the advertisements below for appropriate format. All posts are subject to the discretion of the LTG Executive committee.
University of Lincoln
The University of Lincoln, UK, is rated among the UK's top 20 universities for student satisfaction in the Guardian University Guide 2022 and the Complete University Guide 2022 and in the top 30 UK universities overall in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020. We hold a top five-star rating in the QS Stars ratings system of global universities and are placed among the world's top 150 young universities in The Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2021.
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Forensic Toxicology
- Location: Lincoln
- Salary: From £34,304 per annum
- This post is full time and permanent at 1.0 FTE
- Closing Date: Friday 18 March 2022
- Interview Date: Wednesday 27 April 2022
- Reference: COS849A
- Lecturer salary from: £34,304
- Senior Lecturer salary from: £39,739
Forensic Science is a key component of long-standing and successful STEM provision at the University of Lincoln. Since the inception of the School of Chemistry in 2014, supported by a £6.8m award from HEFCE's Catalyst Fund and strategic University investment in infrastructure, the Forensic Science programmes reside formally in the School.
The School builds on a tradition of applied sciences at Lincoln, and operates interdisciplinary research themes at the Chemical-Biology Interface (e.g. toxicology, pharmacology, pharmaceutical development) and Innovative Analytical Methods (including chemical and bioanalytical methods, forensic analysis, omic sciences) and Advanced Functional Materials (e.g. catalysis, sensors, energy capture and storage). Professional Practice in key areas such as forensic casework is a vital dimension for the Schools ambition to deliver research and training with impact for wider society.
The taught Forensic Science portfolio includes undergraduate Forensic Science and Forensic Chemistry and post-graduate Forensic Science and Forensic Toxicology degrees. An innovative undergraduate curriculum in undergraduate Forensic Science was re-validated recently and is accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences. The programme is based on four key themes (Biological Sciences, Analytical Sciences, Crime Scene Science and Professional Practice) and the delivery team combines academic and professional practitioners.
We seek dynamic and enthusiastic scientists to help the development of Forensic Toxicology as a key theme at the University through experience in relevant research and/or professional practice. An ability to lead provision in one or more specialist arenas at the Chem-Bio interface (e.g. toxicology, drug analysis and mass spectrometry) alongside research and/or professional experience in bio/analytical science would be advantageous. A commitment to working within multidisciplinary teams and an enthusiasm for developing research-integrated teaching are strong aspects of the role.
We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups. The School of Chemistry is an Athena SWAN Bronze Award holder; the University of Lincoln is an equal-opportunities employer, an Athena SWAN Bronze Institution and was rated Gold in the recent Teaching Excellence Framework.
Please Apply here.
Technical Specialist - LC
We’re looking for an experienced LC Chemist to support our expanding UK laboratories. This is an important role within our Business, with responsibility for all technical aspects of the LC team. Reporting direct to the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for developing, validating and implementing new methods in some of the most challenging matrix types. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and improving existing methods.
It’s a great time to join RPS – we’re investing in our growth to meet the demands of the market and we need experienced people to help us deliver our goals. If you’re looking for the next step in your career, get in touch today.
- Responsible for technical performance of methodology within the Liquid Chromatography section of a busy, non-routine environmental testing laboratory.
- Ensuring that all methods are fit for purpose, robust and employ the most appropriate techniques and instrumentation to maintain competitive advantage within the analytical market.
- Responsible for the development, optimisation and validation of methods for analysis of a range of trace and ultra-trace environmental contaminants in complex matrices.
- Applies advanced analytical skills to implement assigned projects, and to identify and trouble-shoot situations needing special attention.
- Monitor and review new technologies and provide a horizon scanning function for emerging technologies.
- Develop new methods and analysis suites which ensure differentiation from other laboratories and which make a material impact on the profitability of the business
- May be required to liaise with customers to provide technical expertise.
- Significant demonstrable experience (minimum 5 years) working at a senior level within an accredited analytical testing laboratory, ideally within the environmental sector.
- Significant demonstrable experience of developing, implementing and trouble-shooting sample extraction and clean-up methods for low level analytes in complex matrices.
- Significant demonstrable experience of developing, validating and implementing analytical methods using single and triple quadrupole LC-MS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specific projects and/or tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Experience of working under laboratory quality assurance programs e.g. ISO 17025, GLP and proven ability to meet external accreditation requirements.
What we offer you
We’ll provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to challenge and develop your skills. You’ll be working in our brand new, purpose-built laboratory facility which uses state of the art analytical equipment. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers while you work on a variety of interesting projects. Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday with the option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year; access to our Company Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, and Professional Memberships
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000+ people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future. Our approach to Diversity and inclusion Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
More info here: www.rpsgroup.com
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.