Vacancies and Training
This section is intended as a resource for members seeking or promoting employment, training and/or professional development in the field of toxicology.
If you would like to submit a vacancy, or any item that would be of interest to the Group, please e-mail the advertisement or web link to email@example.com along with a brief summary of the position and candidate specification.
Please consult the advertisements below for appropriate format. All posts are subject to the discretion of the LTG Executive committee.
Senior Scientist, Animal Sport Screening
- Division/Department: Sport & Specialised Analytical Services / Standards
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Fordham, Cambridgeshire
- Contract: Permanent
- Vacancy Reference: 1192
- Closing Date: 16th February 2018
LGC’s Sport and Specialised Analytical Services (SSAS) department provides a range of analytical services including animal sports doping control, nutritional supplement analysis, drug monitoring and bespoke contract research.
Due to the diverse analytes studied, a range of instrument technologies are employed, including high resolution accurate mass, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS and clinical analysis. The SSAS department is located at our Fordham facility and operates to ISO 17025 quality systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Senior Scientist to join our Animal Sports team.
We provide medication and doping control services to the animal sports sector, where the major of customers include the BHA, FEI, and GBGB. Drug screening for these regulatory bodies is carried out to protect the integrity of the sports and the welfare of the animal competitors. Prescribed methodologies based on ICP-MS, GC and LC-MS/MS (including high resolution Orbitrap technology) are used in the laboratory but these are routinely undergoing review and refinement. The laboratory must respond to the latest threats identified by the regulators and so method development and validation underpin all drug screening activities. As part of a team, the job holders will provide a high-quality analytical chemistry service to LGC’s animal sports customers. All work will be performed under the ISO17025 quality standard.
- You will have sound scientific knowledge with experience of chromatography and related techniques
- Knowledge and experience of mass spectrometry and particularly GC-MS and LC-MS techniques
- Knowledge and experience of high resolution accurate mass anlaysis (desirable, but training can be provided for the right candidate)
- Knowledge and experience of ICP-MS (desirable, but training can be provided for the right candidate)
- Operationally aware and able to contribute to improvements in output and efficiency
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to convey information accurately and concisely
- Team worker, able to work flexibly and with initiative to bring forward ideas
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV together with a covering email stating why you are interested in this role to Careers.Mailbox@lgcgroup.com