Vacancies and Training
This section is intended as a resource for members seeking or promoting employment, training and/or professional development in the field of toxicology.
If you would like to submit a vacancy, or any item that would be of interest to the Group, please e-mail the advertisement or web link to email@example.com along with a brief summary of the position and candidate specification.
Please consult the advertisements below for appropriate format. All posts are subject to the discretion of the LTG Executive committee.
Analytical Services International
Forensic Toxicology Analyst/Reporter
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Closing date: 16 th November 2018
ASI is a provider of forensic toxicology, clinical toxicology and therapeutic drugs monitoring with an ambition and vision to be world leading in these fields. We are a GLP/GCP compliant laboratory with ISO accreditation, keen to encourage research from our team members and proud to publish widely on different aspects of our interest.
Our busy forensic toxicology division is responsible for the analysis of biological samples for alcohol, drugs and poisons and provides a commercial service to police, coroners, other forensic laboratories, defence and supports civil cases.
To scope toxicological investigations, undertake GC, LC and HRAMS analysis of biological fluids for alcohol and drugs, interpret analytical findings and prepare interpretative reports for ASI’s clients and the Criminal Justice System. To go to court or Inquest hearings to present evidence.
- Ensure all analytical work is carried out according to standard operating procedures/ ISO 17025 requirements and that results meet quality guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Interpret analytical results within the context of case circumstances and prepare easy to understand fully interpreted reports.
- Assist with implementation of new methods and equipment, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the laboratory is adequately stocked, and all standards and reagents are in date, stored and used appropriately.
- Ensure cleanliness of all laboratory areas in accordance with good laboratory practice and anti-contamination procedures.
- Assist with training co-workers, supervise and mentor junior team members.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Chemistry degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in analytical chemistry environment
- Communication – effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Methodical and organised.
- Well attuned to customer demands and laboratory service provision
- Comfortable with change and working to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- 3 years’ UK residency
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Police security clearance to NPPV Level 3/SC level
- Previous experience in Forensic Toxicology
- Previous experience under ISO17025, ILAC G19 and Forensic Regulator’s Code of Practice accreditation
- Passionate about toxicology and hungry to develop in the discipline.
- Willing to learn and take on extra duties or responsibilities for the team/department.
- Driven by a desire to get it right
- Ability to work in a busy lab and multi-task.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
Why not look us over? www.bioanalytics.co.uk
Please note that this post is subject to police security vetting for which you must have at least three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
To apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.